Services to Help You Measure, Manage and Protect the Value of Your Business
At Artisan, we focus on value, whether it be on the current value of a business, enhancing that value or protecting it. Our clients understand that our breadth of experience in the business valuation and transaction world, our thorough analysis and insight and the importance we place on every assignment will lead to independent and unbiased opinions and advice that they can trust. Our analysis and reports are designed to withstand scrutiny from opposing experts, taxing authorities such as the IRS, the Department of Labor, financial statement auditors and various other parties.
We believe that valuation is a craft, requiring a blend of data analysis and professional judgment that is supported by vast experience, specialization, continuing education and integrity. We bring this philosophy with passion to serve our clients in a variety of business valuation and related advisory and consulting assignments, including:
Our team has significant ESOP-specific valuation experience to ensure compliance with ERISA, Department of Labor and IRS requirements and in the initial analysis and implementation of an ESOP.
• Opening and annual valuations
• Feasibility studies
• Fairness opinions
Artisan knows that it takes a solid plan when trying to sell or transition ownership in a company. Let us help you craft the right blueprint for your transition.
• Exit options and succession planning
• Sale value and transaction structuring
• Buying a business and transaction structuring
• General corporate/owner planning
• Buy-sell agreement valuations and consulting
• Tax compliance valuations (gifting, estate planning, estate administration)
• SBA financing
Fair Value for Financial Reporting
Our years of working in a top 25 accounting firm have led to deep valuation experience in fair value for financial reporting.
• Impairment testing (ASC 350)
• Purchase price allocations (ASC 805)
• Stock-based compensation (ASC 718 and related IRC 409a)
• Appraisal reviews and fair value audit assistance
Additional Consulting Services
Finally, we offer skilled consulting services for your company, whether you’re evaluating an acquisition or sale or if you’re looking to improve the performance or positioning of your business. If you need an unbiased third party to help guide you into tomorrow, contact us today.
• Assistance in evaluating and negotiating offers when selling a company or stock
• Litigation support for businesses and shareholder disputes
• Intangible assets and royalty rate studies
• Closely held holding companies (e.g., FLPs)
• Other business financial planning analyses